Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Jump

Today, I mastered a feat and discovered a passion. It began innocently enough. I didn't want to go to sleep, so I jumped from our castle bed. I didn't want to sleep with my brother, so I jumped from my bed to mom's after she fell asleep. I didn't want to be in the kitchen, so I climbed the gate to freedom. But today... Today, I made my future.

I needed a test subject first, just to see how far I could take my new skill - MY MOTHER. She was reading an article at the table and I saw her pen sitting by her, perfect. I waited for the perfect moment. My brother, Charlie, approached for a snuggle. It was time...

I ran, I leapt, I landed... Squarely on my mother's lap and arm. I went for the pen.... she jumped. I fell. Turns out using living creatures as landing pads without telling them has its disadvantages... Ah well... next time.

Mark my words... Soon, I will jump and take ALL the snacks from the kitchen counter.

Signed, 
Chibs

1 comment:

  1. Your mother is way smarter than you give her credit for...

    ReplyDelete